ARTIST: DJ MACE/FREMDKUNST
FILE UNDER: HIPHOP, ELECTRONIC, BROKEN BEATS, FUNKJAZZ
DJ ‘Juggernaut’ Mace aka Kool DJ Mace aka Monsieur Fremdkunst aka Rogier van Hout is a DJ/Producer out of Noord-Brabant, the Netherlands. He has been making music, and has been cutting and mixing up records since the early 90-ties. In everything Mace does, influences of Hip Hop, Jazz, Electronics and Funk will be heard: in his mixes as well as in his productions.
His instrumental beat adventures started in 2002 with the release of Zarathustra. In 2004 he started experimenting with Fremdkunst (and subsequently with OptiMace) which resulted in forming recordlabel Fremdtunes with DJ Optimus in 2010.
Mace worked with artists like Erwin Vann, Coco Bryce, Eric Vloeimans, Wiboud Burkens and Mete Erker.
- Fremdkunst – The Blue Marble – Kitchen Dip Recordings 2013
- Various Artists – PPP Gathering #2 – Pomperi Records 2013
- Various Artists – Songs of Charcoal – Redrum Recordz 2012
- Various Artists – SEE-A-SOUND (12″/digital) – Fremdtunes 2012
- Dunugoz vs Tha Roofas – Anita’s Theme (Fremdkust Remix) (digital) – Black Hole Recordings 2011
- OptiMace – Used Future (12”/digital) – Fremdtunes 2011
- Fremdkunst: b-beats & soundscapes (CD/digital) – Fremdtunes 2010
- DigHeads mix (CD) – Beats For Breakfast – HipHopHuis 2008
- 12inches 101.tv (with DJ Optimus and Skiggy Rapz) (12”) – Improovment 2007
- Fremdkunst: b-beats & soundscapes demo (CD) – 2007
- Zarathustra soundscapes (CD) – 2002
- GrandMasterMind Chill Out/Outspoken (12”) – 4 Elements Recordings 2001
BOOKING: live at fremdtunes.com